Welcome to the Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA) page
Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA) provides support for the VA Boston Healthcare System research community in the following primary areas:
· the submission of extramural grant and contract applications,
· development of sub-awards,
· negotiation of CRADAs (Cooperative Research and Development Agreements),
· negotiation of new award terms and conditions,
· authorizing BVARI accounts for your new awards,
· and business aspects of grants and contracts.
Please contact the SPA staff as soon as you begin planning your extramural grant or contract application. We will go over the sponsor guidelines with you, help you prepare the application and guide you through all VA requirements. The SPA staff will help you formulate your budget, assist in writing the budget justification and organizing other parts of the application’s for execution and submission.
Jeffrey Burd, Esq. is responsible for coordinating the negotiation & execution of all CRADAs for clinical trial, device and data agreements. For more information on CRADAs, please see the link below.
The SPA staff is also involved when your new project includes a sub-award, when you need to revise an existing award’s budget or when you need to address any project management concern.
You can find templates and core information in the links on this page.
- Scope of CRADA documents
- Standard application information required for federal awards
- Negotiation Agreement showing our BVARI’s current F&A and Fringe rates
Sponsored Programs Administrator
VA Technology Transfer Program has set up a group email account for invention disclosures, "
© 2008 Boston VA Research Institute, Inc., All Rights